Career Counsellor Certification
WHAT IS CAREER COUNSELLING ? Download Brochure
Career Counselling is the guidance given to a student on the road he/she should take to achieve his/her goals. It helps an individual to gain better self-understanding and work-world knowledge in order to make better career, educational and life decisions. The goal of Career Counselling is not only to help someone make decisions now but to give one the knowledge and skills required to make future career and life decisions as well.
It consists of four critical components :
Helping individuals gain greater self-awareness in areas such as interests, values, abilities and mindset orientation.
Connecting individuals to resources that impart greater knowledge about jobs and occupations.
Engaging individuals in the decision-making process so that they may choose a career path that is well suited to their interests, abilities and mindset orientation.
Assisting individuals to become active owners of their career path and inculcate a habit of sustained professional development.
WHY CHOOSE CAREER COUNSELLING AS A PROFESSION ?
The pride of giving the youth the power to make the right choice
Satisfaction of giving direction to students
Recognition and respect in the community for making a difference to families
Ability to work from home which gives the flexibity to choose working hours
Confidence to learn skills that generate income
Happiness in impacting careers, lives and families across the country
THE FUTURE OF CAREER COUNSELLING IN INDIA
The education sector is one of the fastest developing sectors in India, generating large scale revenues and employment. The growth of the Indian economy and rise in income levels has boosted spend on education, making it the second-highest for middle-class households.
India’s large youth population, proliferation of educational institutes, new career opportunities and tremendous competition are progressively creating a compelling demand for competent career counsellors who can guide students to career excellence.
Compounded Annual Growth Rate of Indian Education Sector for FY 2005-12 was 16.5%
Compounded Annual Growth Rate of Indian Higher Education Segment for FY 2004-10 was 18.13%
WHAT DO CAREER COUNSELLORS DO ?
The work of a Career Counsellor varies depending on the type of organisation they work in. Some of the activities related to Career Counsellors are as follows :
- Helping people understand various career or education options available.
- Identifying skills gaps and how to deal with them.
- Helping young people to draw up action plans for education, training and employment and supporting them to achieve these goals.
- Researching careers, options and support organisations to meet people’s needs.
- Advising people on how to source relevant training courses or qualifications and what funding might be available.
- Running small group sessions or larger presentations on all aspects of career work and topics related to personal development.
- Helping people to understand the current job market.
- Using computer-aided guidance packages, skill assessment tools, career planners, psychometric tests and personal inventories.
- Keeping up to date with labour market information, legislation and professional and academic developments by visiting employers, training providers and training events run by educational and professional bodies.
Introducing Students’ Destination – a unique and indispensable platform that empowers people who genuinely care about making a difference to the lives of students. Our Career Counsellor Certification Program is a comprehensive developmental program designed to assist individuals in making and implementing informed educational and occupational choices. It develops an individual’s competencies in self-knowledge, educational and occupational exploration, career planning, imparting various professional and personal development skills through a blended approach of online and offline learning mechanisms. Our CCC program prepares future career counselling professionals to master concrete challenges linked to supporting students in dealing with career-related questions. Due to the growing complexity and uncertainty of the world of work and career-related decisions, combined with the growing reliance on individuals to develop their own careers, we see a growing societal need for this kind of professional support.
Create Career Counsellors who provide world class Career Counselling services
Offer practical and scientific Career Counselling Certification training across the country
Promote and disseminate best practices in achieving successful careers
Conduct research into practices and issues that impact career and disseminate findings as widely as possible
Encourage contributions from academicians, business leaders, government, organizations, professional associations, etc.
Generate insights which impact career choices
Provide resources which impact students lives in a positive manner
“To Certify 1000 Career Counsellors in 100 cities in 3 years.” We want to ensure all students in India get the right guidance and counselling to make the right career decisions.
We will achieve our vision by :
Empowering our Career Counsellors to deliver world class service
Providing insights that give the counsellor trainees the power to achieve more
Building partnerships with all stakeholders to impact the student community
OUR KEY DIFFERENTIATORS
Certified Career Counselling Trainers
World-class Career Counselling Certification Program
Repository of extensive Information/Insight
Strong Industry Experts as Mentors and Consultants
OUR CAREER COUNSELLOR CERTIFICATION PROCESS
CAREER COUNSELLOR CERTIFICATION COURSE OUTLINE
Fundamentals of Career Counselling
- Introduction to Career Counselling
- Basic Premise of Career Counselling
- Career Counselling Process
- Understanding Functioning of the Mind & Uncertainity
- Career Decision 06. Career and Social Context
- Assessment of Interest, Aptitude & Mindset
- Building Career Strategy
Setting the Foundation
- Meeting Ethical Guidelines and Professional Standards
- Establishing the Counselling Agreement
Co-creating the Relationship
- Establishing Trust and Intimacy with the Client
- Counselling Presence
Facilitating Learning and Results
- Creating Awareness
- Designing Actions
- Planning and Goal Setting
- Managing Progress and Accountability
- Facilitating Client Readiness
- Occupational Information & Client Database Management
- Active Listening
- Powerful Questioning
- Direct Communication
Selling Skills & Business Development
- Personality Grooming
- Establishing the Practice
SERVICE QUALITY ASSURANCE
Students’ Destination has a stringent Service Quality Assurance Program in place.
“We will strive to provide a high quality service delivery system for our trainee Counsellors from Training & Certification to Support & Resources for setting up their practice. We will ensure excellence in quality service provision, delivering a seamless system demonstrated by meaningful measures of enhanced success.”
Our commitment to high quality service rests on the following three pillars :
Professionally qualified Career Counselling Trainers
Ongoing coaching and mentoring of Counselling Trainers
Renowned experts empanelled to support process and people excellence
Well defined and documented processes to ensure operational excellence
Benchmarking with global leaders to identify and deploy best practices
Technology enabled transactions
Defined service levels benchmarked with global leaders in career coaching
Regular assessment of customer delight to enhance service levels
Regular quality audits