Collection of Information: We collect information about you (collectively referred to as “Personal Information”) as follows:
- Profiling Information: Information which you provide when you subscribe or register for a Service.
- Information about your personal identity such as gender, age, etc.
- Your financial information such as your banking details and any information relating to your income and lifestyle levels (if requested and provided);
- Your contact details such as your physical addresses, postal addresses, telephone, mobile and fax numbers and the like (if requested and provided).
- Payment and Account Information: Your account history with us including (without limitation) all billing information and communications, payment history, etc (if requested and provided). We maintain this in encrypted form on secure servers.
- Service Usage: Information about your navigation using our services, for example the url’s of websites, which you visit and from which you request downloads.
- Log Information: Information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, date and time of request.
- Transactional Information: Transactional history (other than banking details) about your e-commerce activities (if requested and provided).
- Correspondence Information: Content, information about your correspondents, and the destination/origin of communications between you and any other person using our services, which include email communications, comments, blog, chat room and discussion board communications, instant message communications, experts forum communications, contests and entries, fax mail communications, membership of mailing lists, etc.
- User IDs: Your usernames, nicknames, passwords, email addresses and other security-related information used by you in relation to our services.
- Stored Information: Data either created by you or by a third party and which you wish to store on our servers such as image files, documents etc.
Since such public environments are accessible by third parties, it is possible that third parties may collect and collate and use such information for their own purposes. You should accordingly be careful when deciding to share any of your personal information in such public environments. Information, which is disclosed publicly, is also shared with our affiliates, third party service providers, sponsors of competitions, etc. unless expressly stated otherwise. We are not liable to you or any third party for any damages that you or any third party may suffer howsoever arising from your disclosure of personal information in any public environment. You accordingly disclose information in a public environment at your own risk.
Our online registration forms require users to give us contact information, including name and e-mail address. We also collect your telephone number, year in school, and other academic and non-academic information. We use this information to make a psychometric assessment of you and suggest suitable career options to you. We may also collect contact and other information from you if you: (1) participate in one of our contests; (2) order from us; (3) take part in one of our surveys; (4) contact us; or (5) otherwise voluntarily submit information to us, including in our online communities.
You always have the ability to opt out of receiving future mailings and special offers; see the “Opt Out” section below. If you use any of our tell-a-friend features, we ask for your friend’s name and e-mail address. We use this information only to send the communication you requested and to monitor the effectiveness of our tell-a-friend features.
As part of the standard operation of the Site, we may collect certain non-personal information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, operating system, IP address and the domain name from which you accessed the Site. In addition, we may collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site and other click-stream data. We do not combine this non-personal information with your personal information. In addition, we use software that uses your IP address to determine roughly where you are located, so that we can deliver advertisements to you, while you are on the Site, based on your location and therefore as relevant to you as possible.
Information Use: We may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes: (1) to fulfill your requests for products and services; (2) to provide you with targeted offers, Site content and advertising on the Site; (3) to contact you with information and promotional materials and offers from us as well as from our affiliates, other related companies, educational institutions, marketing partners and other third parties, if you have agreed to receive such communications; (4) to contact you when necessary; (5) to review Site and product usage and operations; (6) to address problems with the Site, our business or our products and services; and (7) to protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business.
We may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about you with third parties for research and other purposes.
We collect your Profiling and Account Information for the following reasons:
- We need your identity details, contact details, banking information (if requested and provided) and account history (if requested and provided) to manage our relationship with you and provide services to you.
- We use certain of your information in an aggregated form to compile statistical and demographical profiles for our business and marketing activities. We may disclose such information about you, provided that the information is in an aggregated form that is not capable of being used or interpreted in such a manner as to identify you.
Any personal information which we collect and which we may use in an aggregated format is our property. We may use it, in our sole discretion and without any compensation to you, for any legitimate purpose including (without limitation) the commercial sale thereof to third parties. Some of our own websites use “cookies” so that we can provide you with more customized information when you return to our website. “cookies” are used to store user preferences and to track user trends, so as to enhance your interactive experience and generally improve our services to you. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a “cookie”, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do accept a “cookie”, you thereby agree to our use of any Personal Information collected by us using that cookie. You may update your profiling information at any time by using the personalize function. You acknowledge and agree that in the interests of improving personalization and service efficiency, we may, under controlled and secure circumstances, share your Personal Information with our affiliates.
General exceptions: If we are required to intercept, disclose, monitor and/or store your personal information:
- By law;
- To conduct our business;
- To secure our systems;
- To enforce our own rights, we will do so in the manner as prescribed by legislation.
Such interception, disclosure, monitoring and storage may take place without your knowledge. In that case, we will not be liable to you or any third party for any damages howsoever arising from such interception, disclosure, monitoring and storage. In order to ensure that all our users comply with the user rules, we may monitor your personal information to the extent that this may be required to determine compliance and/or to identify instances of non-compliance.
To ensure that the security and integrity of our services are safeguarded, we may monitor your personal information. This monitoring may include (without limitation) the filtering of incoming and outgoing electronic data messages to identify, limit and/or prevent the transmission of spam, viruses and/or unlawful, defamatory, obscene or otherwise undesirable material or content.
We may under certain circumstances procure an element of the services from a third party service provider; for example we may use third party advertising companies to serve advertisements when you visit our website. To the extent that it may be necessary, and solely for the purposes of providing the service to you, you agree that we may disclose to such third party any of your personal information that may be necessary for the procurement of services from the third party. These companies may also use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. More information about this practice and your choices about not having this information used by these companies would be available with the respective third parties.
In addition to the general limitations in the above terms, we will not be liable to you or any other third party for any damages suffered by you or any other third party howsoever arising from the disclosure of your personal information. Your only remedy under such circumstances will be to end this agreement.
Security: The Site taken certain physical, electronic, contractual and managerial steps to safeguard and secure your personal information. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your Site account information, including your password, and you are responsible for all use of the Site accessed through it. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account
Links to Other Websites: Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
You can find out contact details on the Contact Us page.